There’s a reason it’s known as the “miracle plant”!
The aloe plant contains more than 200 compounds, such as vitamins, minerals, amino acids, enzymes, polysaccharides, fatty acids, salicylic acid, antioxidants, flavonoids and more many.
We all know the many benefits aloe vera has for our health, but did you know it works wonders for our skin as well?
Yes, that’s right! Aloe vera can be applied topically for the healing of burns, wounds and other skin conditions. Because of its versatile healing properties, it helps to improve elasticity of the skin, thus making Aloe Vera one of nature’s most powerful ingredients for use in our beauty regime.
Today we are going to share with you a step-by-step tutorial on how to make an all-purpose Aloe Vera cream.
There are many uses for this cream: to reduce eye puffiness, to reduce the appearance of stretch marks, heal sunburns, treat acne, as a makeup remover, for wrinkles, and much more!
You Will Need:
- 2 tbsp sweet almond oil
- 1/3 cup aloe vera gel
- 2 tbsp apricot kernel oil
- 1 tbsp jojoba wax/beeswax (I used jojoba)
- 10 drops essential oil (I used orange and lemon)
1. Combine all the oils (except for the essential oils) in a glass bowl. Place it in a pan half-filled with water.
2. Leave it on low heat until the wax melts.
3. Turn off the heat and let it cool until it gets to room temperature.
4. Add the essential oils to the aloe vera gel.
5. Slowly pour the gel into the oil mixture using a hand mixer.
6. Continue whipping until it gets a buttery consistency.